Wednesday, June 8, 2011

A little avocado... & 6/8 What's Cooking Wednesday

So I NEVER used to eat avocado.
I don't really know why.
Maybe one of those kid "it looks gross, I don't want it" kind of things?

But after high school, I worked in this frozen yogurt/sandwich shop.
We put avocados on our sandwiches.
I would always make mine without the avocado.

Well one day, one of my coworkers was all, "you have to at least try it".
So I did (along with sprouts which also looked like grass to me).
And I liked it (I also didn't mind the sprouts).
Not like a OMG I LOVE THIS STUFF.
But it wasn't bad.

And after that, I was able to eat things like guacamole.
Mmmmm... guacamole.
And other yummy stuff with avocado.


Well last week I got a serious craving for something with avocado.
So I called my BFF Nic (since she's an avocado lover).
"Hey, want to make some of those avocado recipes we both have pinned on Pinterest?"
She was totally for it!

Here's the 2 recipes we chose:

Guacamole Bruschetta



and

Grilled Corn, Avocado and Tomato Salad with Honey Lime Dressing





We didn't take pictures since we were too busy eating.
You know how that goes, right?

Anyways... the verdict...
I really liked both!
I think they would have been better had we been able to find riper avocados.

The bruschetta was REALLY good!
We accidentally added too much onion, but it didn't hinder it.
The bread was a nice complement to the guacamole :)

The salad was pretty good too.
The avocado was SO not ripe enough.
I think it would have been WAY better had it been riper.
But the sweet honey with the citrus lime was a GREAT combo!

______________________________________________________

Ok now for a few of the last WCW favorites.
Yea, from almost a month ago.
I know, BAD COURTNEY!

Anyways....


Over at Permanent Posies, you can find 2 DELICIOUS homemade dip recipes!
One for Chile con Queso... um YUM!
And one for Tomatillio Salsa- which, I might add, includes AVOCADO!



So this recipe for Creamy Tortallini and Chicken over at Young and Crafty...
It looks AMAZING!
Seriously, someone please bring me a MASSIVE bowl.
Right now!



Do you like Almond Joy candy bars?
Then you MUST check out these Almond Joy Cupcakes over at Do You Smell That!
They are SO cute and look YUMMY!



_________________________________________
Now.... It's time to see what you have been cooking up!

Add as many recipes as you'd like!

Look for featured ones next week too!
Your recipe could be a favorite!


Grab a button and share with others!









5 comments:

Kris @ everywhereorange.com said...

I am loving these avocado recipes!! these are going to be so tasty this summer!!

Young and Crafty said...

Thanks so much for featuring my tortellini! I actually made it tonight for dinner :)

Hannah

nic said...

Uh! I'm still pining over how delicioso those were! Avocado yum!

PERMANENT POSIES said...

Hey....what a surprise to read your blog and see me featured. Thanks a bunch! I put you on my sidebar!

Laina {Vibrant Serenity} said...

That guacamole bruschetta sounds awesome, and tomatillo salsa is quite possibly the best salsa ever created! I think I will be having avocados for dinner tomorrow.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...