Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Easy French Toast & 5/11 What's Cooking Wednesday

There's nothing like homemade french toast!



And today I'm sharing with you guys our SUPER TOP SECRET recipe.

Just kidding. It's not that secret. But it is REALLY easy!



First grab some bread and slice it however you want. Our bread was a little squished already so I cut it in thirds. You could also leave it whole or cut it into triangles.


Then mix up a few eggs (I used 2 for 4 slices of bread). Dip your bread into the eggs.


Toss them into a hot skillet. Cook until golden on one side.


Flip and cook the other side until golden.


Top with whatever you want! I usually use cinnamon (although we were out so I used apple pie spice which turned out REALLY good!). Also used powdered sugar and topped with pancake syrup... YUM!



Now for a few of last WCW's favorites!


Mmmmm... I LOVE potatoes and onions! And this recipe for Potatoes and Onions over at Cricket's Cafe looks MOUTH-WATERING!


This recipe for Tomato Pie with Pancetta and Basil over at Mama Schell Says looks SO YUMMY! Cheese and tomatoes? Yes please!


Check out this recipe for Fajita Pizza that Gin's HUSBAND made over at Life as Topher's Mom... And we all know how much I LOVE my Mexican food... Mmmmmm :)





Now.... It's time to see what you've been cooking up!

Add as many recipes as you'd like! Look for featured ones next week too! Your recipe could be a favorite!


Grab a button and share with others!







2 comments:

Amanda said...

I'm book marking this, I've never had French toast and this sounds to yummy not to try!

Thanks for sharing.

Keli said...

Wow, that french toast looks REALLY good. My son and I are huge fans of french toast. I usually add a little milk and vanilla in with out eggs. I never am sure how long to cook it for though!

Thanks for sharing at What's Cooking Thursdays!

www.savingthosedollars.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...