Thursday, September 16, 2010

Mom's Homemade Banana Bread

So my mom makes this banana bread. That's pretty awesome if you ask me. So I'm going to share her SUPER TOP SECRET RECIPE (ok, it's not really. She'll tell anyone that asks... but it sounds cooler to have it top secret!). She was the one making it, while I snapped some pictures to share with you guys.

Start with 4 super ripe bananas. I'm talking, super mushy. This is a perfect recipe to use for those bananas that sit on the counter and get too ripe to eat.


Mash them up in a large mixing bowl.


Add 3 eggs...


3/4 a cup of sugar...


And 3/4 a cup of oil.


Mix that together. Then grab a box of Golden Butter Recipe Cake Mix.


Add that to your banana mixture...


And stir until mixed well. The batter will be lumpy from the bananas. Just try to break up as many cake clumps as you can. You can add chopped pecans at this point if you want. Oh darn, we didn't have any (I don't like pecans... or almonds, or cashews, or walnuts, or anything like that). My mom will sometimes fold in some pecans in 3/4 of the batter once it's in the pan so that I have a section nut-free for me :)


Grab your Baker's Joy. I think this works best for spraying pans with baking. The cake just slips right out of the pan, no sticking!


Spray your Bundt pan well with the Baker's Joy.


Pour your batter evenly into the pan.


Toss in a 350 degree pre-heated oven for about 45 minutes or so...


Until it is nice and golden, no longer gooey in the center. You want to make sure it cooks all the way or it will stick to the pan. Take it out of the oven and let it sit for about 5-10 minutes in the pan.


Best way to get it out of the pan and onto a plate? Put the plate upside down on top of the pan, hold both, then flip. Slides right onto the plate.


Perfectly cooked :)


Cut you a slice and ENJOY!


It tastes SO GOOD right out of the oven when it's nice and hot with a tall glass of ICE COLD milk! It tastes good after it's cooled too. You can toss it in the fridge and it tastes good cold. Face it, this banana bread tastes good no matter what!

And it's a good not-so-homemade kind of meal because it's a box mix that you add to :)


Well, I hope you get the chance to try this! ENJOY!

8 comments:

Purple Froggie Clay Stuff said...

YUM... that looks soooo good! I am going to make this and add some walnuts. My mouth is watering now..lol

That One Girl said...

Interesting... I made Banana Bread today too... and of course... no nuts in mine either. ;-)

Daniela said...

Oh yum I'm going to have to try this.

Kristin Renee' Wynegar said...

this looks so yummy! im going to have to try it!!! :) By the way, I am your newest follower! I just love your blog, you have a bunch of really awesome ideas that I am excited to look through. Hope to hear from you soon!

Sassy Sites! said...

Thanks for being a part of the Sassy Sites blog hop! I love to see all of the fun blogs out there! You are one of my favorites! xoxo

Marni @ Sassy Sites
http://sassysites.blogspot.com

Olivia Renn said...

Yum, I love banana bread. Thanks so much for sharing!

Katie's Nesting Spot said...

Oh yum I love banana bread and I like that this version includes my favorite step...open box:) So easy I might even be able to handle it! Thanks for sharing with us at A Crafty Soiree! Please join us next time too!

Stacy said...

This sounds really good! I found you through the blog hop on Lamb Around (lambaround.blogspot.com) You are quite the cook!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...